Acceptance of Terms
We are committed to processing your Data in accordance with the required standards. This includes protecting your privacy and ensuring the security of your Data in compliance with, in particular and where applicable, the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Chapter 486 of the Laws of Hong Kong) (the “Ordinance”), Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (the “GDPR”) where applicable.
Before using and providing your Data for the purposes as set out in this Privacy Statement, we may be required by law to obtain your written consent, and in such cases, only after having obtained such written consent, may we use your Data in the manner as specified.
Types of Data Collected
We may collect, use and hold a range of different Data about you. For the purposes of carrying on our service (including the verification of your identity to detect and prevent security or technical issues, the registration, activation and management of your account with us, and the billing and charging of our programmes (collectively, “Service(s)”)) and complying with laws, rules, guidelines, regulations and/or requests issued by applicable government authorities, courts, law enforcement or other authorities or regulatory bodies, you may be requested to provide Data such as, but not limited to:
- contact details including name, email address, phone number, mobile telephone number and/or address;
- payment details including credit card, debit card and other electronic banking Data;
- information about how you use our Services such as your network usage, how you use our network, and your location when you are using our Services;
- and any other Data as may be required by AFTEC from time to time and which is necessary for the provision of the Services.
Our web servers may collect Data relating to your website, device or app activity. We may also collect aggregated, anonymous, statistical data on the server’s usage so that we may better cater to the behaviour of users of our websites. This type of Data may include, but is not limited to:
- browser type, version and user agent;
- operating system;
- IP (Internet Protocol) address and/or domain name;
- connection data, statistics on page views and/or referral URLs; and
- cookies and/or browser, app or web server log data.
Using the Data
We may collect, retain and use your Data for the following purposes:
- to verify your identity;
- to process your application to subscribe to our Services and programmes operated by AFTEC;
- to carry out matching procedures, as defined under the Ordinance;
- to verify your eligibility to our offers of Services, programmes and/or promotions;
- to provide, activate and/or renew Services, programmes operated by AFTEC that you may have subscribed for;
- to provide you with rewards, promotional benefits, updates, offers and invitation to events;
- to promote and market our Services to you;
- to perform research or analyses so that we may improve and optimise the Services and/or programmes that can be made available to you;
- to conduct surveys and marketing, promotional, behavioural scoring for business operations and/or planning purposes;
- to carry out market and programme analyses in order to generate statistical or reports (containing aggregated data that does not relate to any identified or identifiable individual);
- to enforce our contractual rights;
- to process any payment instructions, direct debit facilities and/or credit facilities in relation to our supply of Services to you;
- to maintain and develop our systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems; and
- to maintain, enhance and develop our products and service offerings.
Pursuant to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have the right to request access to and correction of information held by us about you. If you wish to access, correct or change your personal data, please contact us at (852) 2520 1716 during business hours or email to [email protected].